Look at the new poll and vote
- With the lack of suspension in the Shea Weber head slamming incident for slamming Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg’s head against the glass at the end of the Game. It makes the James Wisniewski suspension for 4 pre- season and 8 regular season games absolutely absurd. I wonder is Wisniewski could file a suite and get some of his pay back. Probably not as at the time no appeal was made, but it does make you wonder what could have been in the Blue Jackets season if the Wiz had been playing at the start of the Blue Jackets season.
- On the importance of a goal tender. This year, the Chicago Blackhawks became just the second team since the lockout to post at least 100 points without a shutout as a team.
- The NHL playoffs are definitely worth watching if you like hockey. They are hard fought, as evidenced by the hard hits and the issues surrounding, suspensions, and fines them. And they are closely contested as evidenced by the overtimes needed to decide the games. And these are just the first rounds.
- Scott Howson is much maligned as the Columbus GM, but he does have a hockey background from the ground up. Scott Howson Although only playing 18 NHL games, he has played 524 games of minor league hockey. There is no reason to think that Mr Howson does not know hockey and does not know players. It could be he never thought about getting into the character of a player, only his skills. Lesson has been learned. If the new adviser Craig Patrick can assist him in the GM functions and in establishing a team identity or team identity plan he could do very well. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.
- Typically during hockey season every Wednesday, A Portzline has an on line chat discussing the Blue Jackets. Although he usually follows a very company line, in the final chat this past Wed. Portzline stated he thought there was a good chance Todd Richards could be back as the Jackets coach next year.
- Results of our retaining Todd Richards poll: Stay 7 Go 2. Not an overwhelming response. Check out the new poll and VOTE.
- Trent Vogelhuber from Dublin, OH and of the Miami Redhawks made his pro debut Friday night for the Springfield Falcons, whom he has recently signed with.
WE WANT THE CUP